This is yet another heatwave-themed newsletter. But for a good reason. The UK has predicted that temperatures tomorrow are going to top 40 degrees.
That's a new record for the UK!
Here's a non-exhaustive list of things to do to keep your dog safe, cool and comfortable in extreme weather which I've tried and tested with Luna:
- DO close blinds and curtains
- DO open windows and doors
- DO keep water bowls topped up with fresh cold water
- DO get dog ice lollies
- DO grab wet towels and place them on top of your dog
- DO explore fun methods of hydration like catching water from a hose pipe (check Luna doing this in the top photo)
- DO get the dog pool out
- DO ensure your dog keeps shaded when resting
- NEVER leave a dog in the car alone in warm weather
- NEVER leave a dog home alone unventilated
That's all for this week, folks.
See you next week!
PS Sunday Scoop is mainly spread through word of mouth. You can help Furrimals grow by sharing furrimals.com
Not sure whether your dog is too hot? Well, this article examines the common signs to look out for. Knowing when your dog is overheating could save its life.
Have you ever smelt your dog and thought they smell like Fritos or corn chips? Well apparently, you're not alone. There is a strange reason why this happens, find out here.
Does your dog bark uncontrollably at the vacuum? Or perhaps they run in terror. Well, this deaf dog does neither and it's a bliss to watch.
“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.” – Agatha Cristie (author)
So many bad tweets. These are the good ones. Follow @furrimalsHQ on Twitter for extra content.
New on the blog 🎉
- Dog Dad 101: Practical and helpful advice, training tips, nutrition, and more!
- Newsletter: All previous issues of the weekly newsletter
- Resources: My favourite dog products, tech, apps, and books
- About: Find out why I started Furrimals
Enjoy this newsletter? 💛
Forward to a friend and let them know they can subscribe here.
Anything else? Hit reply and send me feedback or say hello.
Become a supporter! Help fund my work and make it accessible to the world – upgrade here.